Boat International China to launch in September 2010
19 March 2010
Boat International Media, the world’s leading media group serving the superyacht industry, and Edipresse Asia, the Hong Kong based publisher of Asia’s finest luxury magazine portfolio including Asia Tatler and Yachtstyle, are delighted to announce they are to team up to produce Boat International China.
A quarterly magazine published in Chinese, the inaugural issue will be launched in September 2010.
Tony Harris, CEO of Boat International Media, stated:
"We have been looking to find the right partner in the region for some time, and I am delighted to be working with Edipresse Asia. They have a proven track record in the yachting arena and unrivalled contacts in the luxury sector. They will deliver Boat International China into the hands of the people who matter throughout the country – Chinese owners and potential owners."
Barrie Goodridge, CEO of Edipresse Asia said:
"Given the incredible resilience of the Chinese market over the past 18 months, the continued explosive creation of High-Net-Worth-Individuals in the region and the increasing development of a yachting culture at the top end of the luxury sector, we feel now is the perfect time to launch a premium product for the Chinese market. Boat International is the most credible and resourceful magazine in the superyacht industry and I am excited by the prospects of what we can achieve together in the region."
The March 2010 publication of Forbes Billionaires 2010 endorses that now is the right time to launch in China:
- China now has more billionaires than any other country besides the United States
- There are 64 billionaires in mainland China
- The overall number of billionaires in China jumps to 89 if Hong Kong is included
- 97 new additions on the list this year, 27 are from mainland China
- China’s increasing prominence on the list reflects its growing economic power, confirmed with a report on Wednesday 10th March that exports rose in February by nearly 50% year on year
- During 2010 China is on course to overtake Japan as the worlds’ second biggest economy
Sources: Forbes Billionaires 2010, BBC News, Financial Times
Launch issue: September 2010
Publishing Schedule 2010: September, December
Publishing Schedule 2011: March, June, September, December
Print run: 15,000
Editorial commitment: minimum 115 pages per issue
For further information please contact:
Boat International Media
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8545 9332
Tel: +852 2859 4372